Before attempting to integrate your NetSuite account with Validis , please ensure the following:
- You are online and connected to the internet.
- You have a NetSuite Administrator Account and you are able to access the data you wish to upload.
- You know the Admin User ID and Password for your NetSuite account
Before installing the Validis app, please ensure the following settings are in place:
Enable TBA (Token Based Authentication) and Features
1. In order to enable TBA, go to Setup > Company > Enable Features.
Click on SuiteCloud and scroll down to 'Manage Authentication'.
Check mark 'TOKEN-BASED AUTHENTICATION'.
2. Enable SuiteScript
Scroll up to 'SuiteScript' and make sure all boxes have been checked.
3. Enable Rest Web Services
Check the box for Rest Web Services.
*Please note that whenever you make any changes, scroll down and click on 'Save'.
Install the Validis App
1. To install the Validis app, go to:
Customization > SuiteCloud Development >SuiteApp Marketplace
2. Type in the search field 'Validis' or 'Validis '
3. Click on the Validis Icon to continue; this will direct you to a new webpage, which will provide more information about Validis.
4. On the top right-hand corner, click the button 'Install' to continue with the installation process.
The Validis app will automatically be installed in the background.
5. To check whether the Validis app has been installed correctly, go to:
Customization > SuiteCloud Development >Installed SuiteApp List
If the installation status is 'COMPLETE', that means that the Validis app has successfully been installed.
Setting up customized Role
1. The next step will be to set the customized Role:
Setup > User Roles > Manage Roles
2. Search for 'Customize Accountant Role', then click on 'Customize'.
3. Change the 'NAME'. (We recommend Validis to avoid any confusion).
4. Under the 'Subsidiary Restrictions' field, check mark both 'USER SUBSIDIARY' and 'ALLOW CROSS SUBSIDIARY RECORD VIEWING'.
5. Scroll down to the 'Permissions' tab, to add the following permissions to the role:
- If your NetSuite Integration does not have one of these permissions, skip and continue.
- The permission level of default equals the standard permission assigned when this category is added. I.E. View, Edit, and Full.
|Transactions||Adjust Inventory Worksheet||Default|
|Transactions||Cash Sale Refund||Default|
|Transactions||Employee Commission Transaction||Default|
|Transactions||Vendor Payment Status||Default|
|Setup||Manage Accounting Periods||Default|
|Setup||User Access Tokens||Default|
To search for the specific permissions, make sure you are at the correct category tabs (Transactions, Lists, Setup).
Scroll to the bottom to search for the permissions:
Make sure to click on 'Add' after searching for each permission.
Once all permissions have been added to the Role, please press 'Save' at the bottom of the webpage.
*Note, when adding 'Company Information' under 'Setup', make sure that the level is 'Full' and not 'View'.
1. To set the newly made Validis Role,
Go to Customization > Scripting > Script Deployments
2. Click 'Edit' on the 'Validis Connect' Script.
3. Go to the 'Audience' tab and check 'Select All'. Please make sure you click on 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
Adding Role to Employee
1, The final step will be adding the Validis Role to the Employee who will be conducting the upload.
Go to Lists > Employees >Employees
2. Here, you will search for the Employees you would like to assigned the Validis Role too, and to conduct the upload
3. Once you have found the Employee, click Edit.
4. Scroll down, click on 'Access', and search for the Validis Role. Once completed, click on 'Save'.
Now the Employee will have access to upload their NetSuite data through the Validis application.