Creating the Engagement
When you add a new engagement to your Validis portal you will be inviting your SME contact to sign up and create a Validis account.
Please note: If an SME contact manages multiple entities, an engagement must be created for each entity.
All Engagements begin by clicking the Create New Engagement button which is displayed on the Engagements page.
On the next page, you will be asked to provide details of the engagement and the users who will be invited to be a part of the Engagement.
For the Company details, only the Company Name is required. The External ID field is optional and is commonly used to reference the specific engagement from Validis in third-party applications.
Next, if the SME contact already exsists in Validis, search for their email address in the Key Contact drop-down menu. If not, click Add SME Contact to create and invite the new user.
Do not select "I want to upload the data for this engagement myself" - this is only used when you are adding an internal engagement.
The team section of the new Engagement form allows you to select existing Validis users who will have access to this engagement. At a minimum, you need a Relationship Manager and an Engagement Owner.
Be sure to create the users you wish to manage in this engagement before you begin.
Finally, please ensure that you have enabled any Additional Settings that you would like this client to utilize.
When done click Create.
The SME contact you have invited will receive an e-mail informing them that you would like them to join your Validis portal.
Once all details have been supplied you can submit your engagement and an email is sent immediately to your SME inviting them to accept the Engagement invitation and complete the signup process.
Communication sent to invited customers
When new customers are invited to use Validis (through a new engagement or as SME Contact users), they will receive emails from the below templates :
- Invitation Reminder for SME (Sent 7 days after the date the invitation was sent - if they have not signed up)
- Invitation Reminder for SME: Subject
- Invitation expired: Body (Sent 30 days after the invitation was sent - if they have not signed up)
- Invitation expired: Subject
- Invite SME: Body (The actual invitation email sent when the new user is invited to the portal)
- Invite SME: Subject
- SME user accepted the invitation: Body (Sent to you when your customer accepted the invitation and activated their account on the portal)
- SME user accepted the invitation: Subject